Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (BJJ)
Professor Paulo “Mushu” Elsimaani is a 5th degree Black Belt and World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (BJJ). He is the Head BJJ Professor/ Coach at CheckMat North Carolina. He started BJJ at 16 years old under Professor Rillion Gracie. Soon after Mushu moved to Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and began training with one of the Grandmasters, Carlson Gracie’s Black Belts, Fernando Pinduka. After many years of training and competing, he was rewarded with his Brown Belt and relocated to New York with his family. He continued his training with Roni Cardosa, an Alliance Black Belt under Fabio Gurgel. In 1999, he became a Certified BJJ Black Belt under Jacare Cavalcanti.
“To teach all of my students to become a good person, gain positive energy, build personal development, learn self-defense, and have an overall good life.”
“For my adults to enjoy learning this BJJ art form/ lifestyle and for the children to learn/ gain focus, discipline and respect for others.”
“Family and friendship are everything…we want to cultivate that type of atmosphere on the mat.”
- University Gama Filho/ University Castello Branco (Physical Ed. degrees Brazil)
- Head Coach CheckMat BJJ Team North Carolina (Rated #3 best team in world 2019)
- Vice President of North Carolina BJJ Federation/ Official Referee
- Taught self defense classes to Charlotte Police (CMPD), Fire and Sheriff’s offices
- Charlotte Intl. Championship 2nd place/ 3rd place 2022
- Charleston Intl. Championship 1st place/Atlanta IBJJF Championship 1st place 2021
- Charlotte Intl. Championship 1st place/ Pan IBJJF Championship 3rd place 2016
- Worlds Master 2015 2nd place
- Worlds Master 2014 3rd place in division
- Atlanta Open 2014 1st place/ Pan Am 2014 1st place
- Worlds Master 2013 1st place
- Atlanta Open 2013 1st place/ 1st place in open division
- Atlanta Open 2012 3rd place
ACCREDITED BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU(BJJ) PROGRAM!
Mr. Carder has partnered with 5-time World Champion, 5th Degree BJJ Black Belt Paulo “Mushu” Elsimaani to teach this quality BJJ program. We are part of the CHECKMAT team/ organization which is the 3rd best BJJ team in the world! Classes are Mondays and Fridays 5:30pm-7:00pm.
The cost is an initial promotion price of only $199 which includes the BJJ uniform, and the first month of tuition.
After the promotion, it is only $80 per month.
VERY SAFE PROGRAM!