We are introducing FRIDAY FITNESS FUNDAYS! A new camp program by MATI Clubs for school age children to participate in on Fridays. This day camp is for current students as well as students in the community. Since our public schools/ others are participating in virtual classes Monday through Thursdays, we created this Friday opportunity for students to spend the day out of the house, socializing (properly distanced), and participating in activities both physical and relaxing.
Here are a few of the details:
- Start date: Friday, September 4, 2020
- 20 students maximum
- AM & PM sessions
- AM session 8:00 – 12:15
- PM session 12:45 – 5:00
- Lunch and Cleaning 12:15 – 12:45
- Snack provided (mid-morning/ mid-afternoon)
- “All day” students provide their own lunch
- Cost is $30 per session or $50 all day/ full day (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Activities include:
- Basketball, soccer, board games, misc. physical based activities
- Swimming 1:30pm-3:00pm (All day/ PM session only) Students should bring swimwear and towels
- Catch up on homework (will have tables/ chairs set up in the hallway)
- Movie time
- Down time (read a book, craft, color)
- Casual karate (no uniforms or belts) MATI Clubs t-shirt is ok.
- Special guests (Educational based)
- Students bring their own water bottle and wear comfortable clothes.
- Students over 10 years old are to wear masks.
- Temperature check/ hand sanitizer at arrival/ check in. We will administer drop off/ pick up as we did in summer day camps via car line method. Parents will not be allowed to exit their vehicle. We will enter/ exit the building from the left stairwell.
- We will wash hands often and ALL equipment/ room will be sanitized after each Friday.
MATI Clubs adult staff will be supervising the program/ students. You may scan, email, text the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also pay on the website. This is not a karate-based program and I will not be awarding stripes nor having a belt testing session. This program will only last as long as our local schools are not in session on Fridays.
I built this program to provide an outlet for some physical activity for students who would otherwise be in their house. Also, an opportunity for student to be kids and have fun during this different time in a safe environment. I hope it will prove valuable for both students and parents. Please feel free to reach out to me to answer any questions about this or any other of our programs.
We look forward to a fun and safe day camp program!